Additional Resources and Credits
- We Remember website has biographies and photos of the 32 Hokies who lost their lives on April 16, 2007.
- A Guide to the Virginia Tech April 16, 2007 Archives of the University Libraries, Ms2008-020 contains the description and inventory of the thousands of items received by the university and archived in Special Collections and University Archives.
- Digital collection of April 16, 2007, Condolence Archives has the digital representations of over 7,000 items from the collection.
- Communities of Caring: Community expressions of support in response to the events of April 16, 2007 is the digital exhibit made for the 10th anniversary in 2017.
This exhibit was made by Special Collections and University Archives and the Virginia Tech University Libraries in partnership with Virginia Tech Student Engagement and Campus Life and supported by Virginia Tech.
Thank you to the following individuals for volunteering their time and knowledge to the physical and digital exhibits:
- Laurel Rozema, Special Collections and University Archives
- Robin Scully, Student Engagement and Campus Life
- Ana Corral, University Libraries
- Scott Fralin, University Libraries
- Tamara Kennelly, Special Collections and University Archives
- Iris Swaney, Special Collections and University Archives
- Mike Adamo, University Libraries
- Ann Brown, University Libraries
- Ellen Krupar, University Libraries
- Carolyn Meier, University Libraries
We are sad we could not present the physical exhibits due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but we hope this digital exhibit can inspire hope, love, and support.
For questions or comments about this exhibit or the VT April 16, 2007 Condolence Archives, please reach out to Laurel Rozema at email@example.com or Special Collections and University Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-6308.